Sunday, November 24, 2013

the armory

We're after old places & stories - but more than that, we're chasing light.  Down a side alley in Madison and up stairs built early in the last century, through swinging doors where a thousand players and dancers have walked, we found what we were looking for. The Armory was the only usable gym in town during the flood of 1937 - and now, after being refurbished, light is once again accompanied by the sound of basketball on the old maple floor.  CGS/MEK.





No comments:

Post a Comment